Error

Started by
3 comments, last by Daboy 22 years, 11 months ago
Hello, Im very new at programming and Im using Delphi....Ok, when i download a component and put it into a form it has problems finding a file that it is looking for.....It happens with every component ive downloaded...Ill Give you an example. ______________________________________________________________ program LogoApp; uses Forms, LogoMain in ''LogoMain.pas'' {LogoAppForm}, Application, Forms, LogoMain in ''LogoMain.pas'' {LogoAppForm}, Application; uses Forms, LogoMain in ''LogoMain.pas'' {LogoAppForm}, *Application, Forms, LogoMain in ''LogoMain.pas'' {LogoAppForm}, {$R *.RES} Application,;,Initialize; Application.CreateForm(TLogoAppForm, LogoAppForm); Application.CreateForm(TAboutBox, AboutBox); Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1); Application.Run; end. -------------------------------------------------------------- The Error says:[Fatal Error] logoapp.dpr(9): File not found: ''Application.dcu'' -------------------------------------------------------------- And it directs me to the line where i put a *. I know it must be an easy question.....one more question. ----------------------------------------------------- One More Error....... Here is a little bit of it --------------------------------------------- uses Forms, NOTEBOOK1 in ''NOTEBOOK1.pas'' {SDIAppForm}, About in ''ABOUT.PAS'' {AboutBox}, Unit12 in ''notebook1.dcu'' {AboutBox1}; _____________________________________________________ It only happends in downloaded components so i have to change a file''s name....Here''s what the error says. [Fatal Error] sdiapp.dpr(7): Could not compile used unit ''NOTEBOOK1.pas'' Whats that mean??? Thx For Your Help
Jordan Weberwww.pheonixsoftware.com
Advertisement
Firstly, the answer to your question is to add the path to the component source or DCU files to your library path. This is under Tools/Environment Settings. Click the Library tab and click the button next to Library Paths. Add the path to the component source or DCU files to the list.

Secondly, I believe having a source file called Application will conflict with the global Application object.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
ok this is for the second one.....What should if i made a Win 95/98 logo??? Because thats an application....
I do not understand the question. Did you select Win95/98 Logo Application from File/New/Projects?

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Yes, thats what i made it with.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement