New to the Board!

Started by
1 comment, last by Midians Seraphim 22 years, 11 months ago
Aye, I''m new to the board, don''t really know where to start, as this is a passion of mine. I have always enjoyed the development of games even more so than the acual playing them. First question, perhaps poll. Given the many 3d engines out there, the ones that are free no doubt , has anyone messed around quake since it has released it''s source? Outdated engine perhaps though surprizingly easy(well mostly) and good for any newbies like me to play with. I have started to build a little something from it myself. Anyone suggest a better engine one that would hold my RPG/action/adventure genre?
Advertisement
I would not suggest for a newbie to mess around with an engine such as ID''s QUAKE III engine, because you wont understand any of it, and you can only download parts of the source. I suggest, you work your way up, learning things for yourself.
bad!
I meant quake 1, I''ve looked at quake 3 and your right . I wouldn''t know what to do with it engine wise, but ''m not too lost when writing a simple MOD from it. That is how I started, Half-life, unreal, VTM..MOD''s, but the only engine i''ve really, or am really coding from is quake 1. I have looked at genesis3D, but really ddin''t take the time to play with it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement