Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A specific DirectX tutorial request

This topic is 6071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I was hoping to learn DirectX but I need a good tutorial to start. Here is what I am looking for. - Uses only full-screen mode - Uses 16-bit (not 256) color mode - Loads at least one tile or picture to display in the background - Loads at least one sprite to display in the foreground with transparent pixels (meaning one color is see-through). Or, better yet, a two-frame animation (like Pac-Man). - The very SMALLEST it can be. I know many people can show off with impressive code but I''d learn easiest when I don''t have to worry about the extras. I know it''s a lot to ask all in one but I''m guessing it''s out there. If you know of something that only meets some of these, please post it anyway and I''ll look at it. And even if I can''t benefit from it I know someone else will. Thank you.

I wrote a whole series that does all of those things. If you are already familiar with Windows programming you can skip right to the DirectX parts, and most of my code is pretty straightforward without a lot of extra crap in it. The series is called Game Programming Genesis and can be found on this site, or at my website at Aeon Software.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Down with Tiberia!
"All your women are belong to me." - Nekrophidius

Thanks guys. I will check your sites out. I typically save these message board sites to my hard drive for reference later. It turns out that I am collecting all sorts of tutorials now for a lot of work later copying and pasting but I''ll learn it I''m sure.

Thanks again for your help!