my Isometric project....

Started by
11 comments, last by CmdKewin 22 years, 11 months ago
well, folks, I've started this project about a year ago (probably even more...) and I haven't been able to go much further than this: I'm still not able to create a realistic terrain... if you want to have a look... http://mypage.bluewin.ch/p98/files/vb/Isometria3D.zip (and thanks to JonnyQuest... for his help where have you gone?) "Why is c++ so difficult? OBERON RULEZ!" Edited by - CmdKewin on April 27, 2001 6:19:31 AM
"Elisa, volerò per raggiungerti"-------------------------------------------GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol-------------------------------------------www.jediknight.it
Advertisement
i can''t run it
i choose 800x600x8
and dx-HAL
then i get an error with a black screen but the res is changed already
and i press enter and it gets out of the prog..

Arkon
[QSoft Systems]
So happens to me! I can´t get it work. I hear a MessageBox after switching resolution, a black screen and pressing Enter OKs the MessageBox and it exits...

What the hells!
What the hells!
Dame thing happened to me!
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
ok. Sorry everyone. had a pretty busy week.
I fixed the problem (a strange "9" runtime error...). here is the new file. When running it, use 800x600 or 1024x768 resolutions, or the (pretty stupid) "interface" won't show up correctly...

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/p98/files/Isometria3D.zip
----
Now to the question part:

1. In the "demo" I have removed textures (altough I have Bitmap loading routines already whitin the code...). First I want to finish the map stuff. I load it from a .raw file, but I'm still not able to implement the "realistic" feature... (maybe I'm just to lazy... or stupid...). Any help would be appreciated (and I must confess that the game I have in mind is slightly different...and it would not require terrain at all... just empy space... but, you know, I like challenges...)
2. Any good tutorial on model loading form a vb point of view (I
now I should use c++, and i'm able to do that, but i'm now used to vb...)

Edited by - CmdKewin on May 4, 2001 6:24:07 PM

Edited by - CmdKewin on May 4, 2001 6:26:33 PM
"Elisa, volerò per raggiungerti"-------------------------------------------GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol-------------------------------------------www.jediknight.it
*timidly raises hand*

I was called for?

Hmm, sorry Cmd but the program doesn''t seem to be working on this machine... hang on I''ll ICQ ya.

- JQ
Infiltration: Losing Ground
"Simpson, eh?" -Mr. Burns
"Excellent!" -the above
~phil
duhhhh... course it does, if you don''t act as stupid as I do

- JQ
Infiltration: Losing Ground
"Simpson, eh?" -Mr. Burns
"Excellent!" -the above
~phil
the new URL doesn''t work
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
well....

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/p98/files/vb/Isometria3D.zip

"C++? Pain in the ass! Use OBERON instead..."
Well, I can''t get it to work because I have some problems with my computer, but that''s not the point. I would like to know what your engine is able to do and what you want to develop for it ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement