help! my daughter changed my project settings

Started by
5 comments, last by JohnBolton 16 years, 6 months ago
I came back to the computer and now I can't built my project. Here is the error message: 1>------ Build started: Project: DirectX5, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Creating manifest... 1>mt.exe : command line error c1010007: Unexpected/Unknown option "Winmm.lib". Use the /? option for help on usage and samples. 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Katie\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DirectX5\DirectX5\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>DirectX5 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== Winmm.lib is one of the extra libraries that I need to link to. If I take it out then I get unresolved externals. It has not been a problem for the many months that I have been working on this program until my daughter gave me some help. I tried google but whatever article I need is swamped by some other problem that has the same error message, so I can't search for an answer. Btw I tried the fix for that problem in case mine was the same but it didn't work (which was to change "Embed Manifest" to "No"). Any ideas on how to fix this?
Advertisement
Go to Project Properties->Linker->Command Line and post what shows up.
All Options:

/OUT:"C:\Users\Katie\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DirectX5\Debug\DirectX5.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\DirectX5.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"c:\Users\Katie\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DirectX5\debug\DirectX5.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT Winmm.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib

Additional Options:

D3d9.lib D3dx9.lib dxguid.lib dxerr.lib dinput8.lib comctl32.lib

Note that if I move the Winmm.lib from the top part to the bottom part (by going to Project Properties->Linker->Input )I still get the same error.

Thanks
Ok, I'll admit defeat. Everything looks kosher there.
The mt.exe bit seems to suggest that it's a problem under the "Manifest Tool" tab, not "Linker". You should check whether winmm.lib is listed there for some odd reason. For instance accidentally listing it under "Command line" would cause exactly the error you are describing.
Thanks! I went to Manifest Tool->Command Line and deleted everything under Additional Options. It works. I have no idea how those files got copied into there. There must be some hotkey or something, which makes no sense to me. Or maybe they were always there but other options were set such that it was ok. I don't really know all of this stuff. I can compile using a command line if I have to, but project settings are beyond me. Thank you for your help!
Just a suggestion:

Put everything under source control. You will no longer have these problems.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement