• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Doubt about VS 2005.

This topic is 3792 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry to bother, I know this is a pretty lame question and probably there must be a thread already asking for this but I not even know how to name it appropriately. How the hell do I tell Visual Studio to search for include paths starting from a root directory and NOT from the file location?? An example: This is my working directory: \Source\components_source And there is this file: components_source\link\device\SBRDevice_link.h With this include: #include "memory\client\SBR_memory.h" The directory memory is on the same level as the link directory and I want VS to use components_source as the root directory and not from SBRDevice_link.h. Have I been clear?

Advertisement
Add the appropriate redirection to include path, something like:"$(SolutionDir)..\" or "$(ProjectDir)..\..\component_source\"

As far as I know this has always worked for me. If I do

#include "memory\client\SBR_memory.h"

it will search from my project root directory. Perhaps you've made inappropriate edits in your project settings?

EDIT: I even tried it now and it definitely works.

.../MyProject/MyFolder/MyHeader.h
.../MyProject/MyFolder2/MyHeader2.h

MyHeader.h:
#include "MyFolder2/MyHeader2.h"

works perfectly fine. Am I misunderstanding you?

This is exactly what I need Antheus.

But where is this include path precisely?
I already look at google and found no helpful information. i even look field by field in the project properties window and found nothing.

Obviously I am missing something.

Quote:
Original post by Dogh Quch
This is exactly what I need Antheus.

But where is this include path precisely?
I already look at google and found no helpful information. i even look field by field in the project properties window and found nothing.

Obviously I am missing something.

Project Settings (Alt+F7) -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement