Multitexturing with a Detail Texture

Started by
1 comment, last by Neutrinohunter 16 years, 6 months ago
I have been trying for ages to use a detail texture with a procedurally generated texture to get a nice smooth effect on a terrain but am having trouble getting the right texture modes to perform the desired effect. I am doing: glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); textureManager->Use(0); //detail texture pglActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE_0); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); textureManager->Use(1); //generated texture pglActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE_1); Then I've tried a whole load of modulation, combine, add_rgb functions and none of them seem to give the desired affect. What modes would be required? If i've not given enough information, just ask and I'll post it. Jamie
Advertisement
What effect do you desire? [smile]

If you just want to use a normal greyscale detail texture modulation should work. Just load the greyscale texture with GL_LUMINANCE or GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA format and the color modulation should be luminance * color (i.e. detail texture * generated texture)
If I was helpful, feel free to rate me up ;)If I wasn't and you feel to rate me down, please let me know why!
RGB effect of the generated texture with the detail (in terms of bumps) of the detail texture.

Jamie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement