Sign in to follow this  
Buzz1982

UDF in mysql

Buzz1982    122
Hello, I want to create a user defined function in mysql. I have used c language to develop the function and created a .dll file named udf.dll . I have placed this .dll file in mysql bin directory. But when I run create function query I get the following error, When I run this query create function Rank returns real soname 'udf.dll'; i get this error error 1126 (HY000) can`t open shared library `udf.dll` (errno: 22 udf.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) Following is the code in c language that I am using, Please help me solve this problem. #ifdef STANDARD #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #ifdef __WIN__ typedef unsigned __int64 ulonglong; /* Microsofts 64 bit types */ typedef __int64 longlong; #else typedef unsigned long long ulonglong; typedef long long longlong; #endif /*__WIN__*/ #else #include <my_global.h> #include <my_sys.h> #endif #include <mysql.h> #include <m_ctype.h> #include <m_string.h> // To get strmov() static pthread_mutex_t LOCK_hostname; /* These must be right or mysqld will not find the symbol! */ extern "C" double Rank( UDF_INIT *initid, UDF_ARGS *args, char *is_null, char *error ) { return 99.65; }

Antheus    2409
A few things are a bit puzzling here.

The "soname" and "shared object" make me thing this is Linux-ish OS, and DLLs are Windows libraries.

What's the compiler and OS you're using, how was the DLL compiled, you'll need to provide more information.