• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[SOLVED] Sprites with text

This topic is 3791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The problem is, I am trying to draw text onto a square that I am drawing using d3d->DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 0, 2); For some reason, DrawPrimitive refuses to show my textured square unless I enclose it with Sprite->Begin(flags) and Sprite->End(). If I comment out the DrawPrimitive statement, there is no text there. If I enclose my DrawText() function with the Sprite->Begin and End statements then the text displays. For some reason, if I start this whole function off with Sprite->Begin and end it with Sprite->End my text won't show up but my textured square will. So how do I get my text to show up on top of the square?
int SD_MENU::Render()
{
	d2d->Begin();
	d3d->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &cam->GetView());
	d3d->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION, &cam->GetProjection());
	d3d->SetFVF(MENUFVF);
	d3d->SetStreamSource(0, menu_buffer, 0, sizeof(MENUVERTEX));
	d3d->SetTexture(0, menu_texture);
	if (FAILED(d3d->DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 0, 2)))
{
		ERR("SD_MENU::Render: Failed to render a menu.");
return 0;
}
	d3d->SetTexture(0, NULL);
	d3d->SetFVF(NULL);

RECT options_rect = { 55, -150, 425, 550 };
		font->DrawTextA(d2d->GetSprite(), (char*)menu_options, (INT)strlen((char*)menu_options), &options_rect, DT_LEFT | DT_VCENTER | DT_NOCLIP, D3DCOLOR_RGBA(255, 255, 255, 255));
		options_rect.top = options_rect.top + 60;
	}
	d2d->End();

return 1;
}

[Edited by - orphankill on October 9, 2007 10:44:42 AM]

Advertisement
Sorry for wasting your time, solved it myself (as I usually do if I play with it long enough). I had to make 2 calls to sprite->begin and to sprite->end, back to back surrounding the text and texture. Don't know why but it works.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement