actionscript 3 client server Help

Started by
2 comments, last by DarkNighter 16 years, 6 months ago
I need help creating server and client for simple version of it. In actionscript 3 format. That can send and revive the message. Can any help me on this part? I can't seem to find any thing the search engine. Don't want to get plug in from other support.
Advertisement
i'm quite a beginner in actionscript, but my guess is that you cant do it with actionscript only. you need something on the server side, php or ruby or neko or something.
for a simple game I found if you know a .NET language then setting up the server is fairly easy. There are also things like:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/

If you don't know any other languages other than AS3, I recommend learning one. I help people over at www.kirupa.com in their forums a lot and it can be pretty sad some of the things action script programmers do.

Honestly though the .NET framework has very easy to use asynchronous socket support if you already know how to program in like C# or VB.NET. I figure you know you can only use TCP sockets.
The information could help. Improve a bit.

well I don't a lot of coding yet. Learning a lot or some area that I am working in as3 flash code. looking for a code that support the game data base and finding the way to do a simple code that support to communication each when they are face to play each in the game. one reason is for supporting wi-fi code game match for portable game.

Well it has to be free to use for the code that I am working on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement