Sign in to follow this  
sp33dy

Best/Quick scaling of a non power two image

sp33dy    133
Anyone able to advise the quickest/best way to scale a loaded image to the nearest power of two. I've got a GFX card that doesn't support Non-Power 2 images. I would like to include a function that stretches a non-power of two image to the next power of 2. I.E. if I load an 800x600 image (4:3), I'd like it to create a 1024 x 1024 image, with the image width stretched to 1024 and with a height of 768 (with black padding top/bottom). Further more, I'd like to have an option to perform a full stretch to 1024 for height as well. Any opinions would be appreciated (although sample code would be better!).. I've google around and can't seem to find a good example. Somebody out there must have done this. Thanks and regards Sp33dy

lonesock    807
I do this in SOIL (check my sig) which is public domain source. (I'm not saying my way is the quickest/best, but it works for me [8^). I only do full scaling, I don't pad with black.

sp33dy    133
Thanks,

>Lonesock, I'm just looking through your code.

> Linuxhippy3, Just looked into FBO's. I see they are used for offscreen drawing and then rendered back to Quad. So I guess you can load a non-power of 2 in. However, how do I scale it? Is there a standard Opengl (or SDL) function that can be used to blit/scale? I'm hunting through the docs at moment. I was hoping for a quick answer..

Thanks to both of you for your time.