Programming rpg games w\ directx cd problems

Started by
5 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 6 months ago
I have problems running the html in the cd which makes it crash. The cd will freeze up all my computers except for my windows 98 one. plus it wont install some of the stuff right. and yes I bought a legitimat copy of the book with the cd off amazon. if you cant help, could you point me towards an iso or the code and sample files. And unluckily i cant return the book or cd. the book pic.
Advertisement
Have you checked the authors site for a download
actually it only has updates that add on to what you already have so it isnt helpful unless i already have the cd. if i can get the cd working somehow maybe then i wont need it. ill try ripping the cd and burning it on a new one and see what happens. But please tell me if you can help at all.
Quote:Original post by Spylogo
actually it only has updates that add on to what you already have so it isnt helpful unless i already have the cd. if i can get the cd working somehow maybe then i wont need it. ill try ripping the cd and burning it on a new one and see what happens. But please tell me if you can help at all.

I'm sorry I don't have the book but if I do come across a legal source I sure will.
There should be a place where you can contact them and they'll send you a new CD, the Second Edition of that book its been out for years though, I wonder if they still manufacture or even keep copies of the old one.
Hmmmm tell me if you find out where i can get one because in the book it says they will only supply you a new one 30 or 60 days after you buy it.
Re-posted in DirectX, doesn't warrant two threads - please continue further discussion in the new thread. Thanks [smile]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement