Sign in to follow this  

stl::vector as a function parameter

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a vector that I want to pass as a parameter to a function. But when I try to compile this: void increaseVector( vector<cTest>& vec ) { //code to increase vector } the compiler gives these errors: error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'vector' warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch Isn't that the right syntax for passing a vector of cTest objects as a reference? If I can declare a vector like that, why can't I use it like a type when indicating the type of the function parameter? Note: I have include #include <vector> at the top. Thanks in advance

It should probably be
#include <vector>

void increaseVector ( std::vector<cTest> &vec )
{
// codes
}

But your function name makes me wonder what that function does anyway. Seems like you would be making some wrapper
over .reserve or .resize or something strange.

[edit] 4 sec too late. :(

Quote:
Original post by spitzervx
it works!
thanks everybody

Everything from the standard C++ headers is in namespace std, so you use std::vector, std::string, std::cout, and so on.

What are you trying to do in increaseVector? Do you know the full std::vector API? Maybe you're trying to do something that's already supported by it. Here's a website that explains the complete interface of std::vector:

http://www.cppreference.com/cppvector/index.html

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.