Sign in to follow this  

using uniform mat4 gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse

This topic is 3715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I have a shader that uses the matrix gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse. On my home PC I have to include the line: uniform mat4 gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse; on top of the shader where I am using the above matrix. I have to delete or comment out the same line i.e: // uniform mat4 gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse; to make the same program work on my work PC. I am tired of commenting out and in. Whats the reason of two different things happening on the GPU's from the same company. at home: its nVedia geForce 7300 at work: its nVedia geForce 6800 thanks in advance for your help [Edited by - me_here_me on October 10, 2007 4:55:31 AM]

gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse is a glsl keyword (see the glsl spec from www.opengl.org) thus i assume u cant use it as a uniform

i think it became part of glsl 1.10.
the reason why it works on one + not the other is different drivers, perhaps one is 1.00 + the other 1.20

This topic is 3715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.