Sign in to follow this  

ZLIB and PGP (CTClib) together?

This topic is 3717 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was wondering how I should hide my files from the users, like map-files, textures and graphics? Is it a good solution to zip them all with ZLIB then encrypt the zipfile with CTClib for example? And mainly is this the easiest way to go about it? I really dont need security like FBI or CIA :P Thanks!

Quote:
Original post by Twixly
Hey,

I was wondering how I should hide my files from the users, like map-files, textures and graphics?

Is it a good solution to zip them all with ZLIB then encrypt the zipfile with CTClib for example?

And mainly is this the easiest way to go about it? I really dont need security like FBI or CIA :P

Thanks!

You don't Want that kind of security either because, frankly, if someone wants your files they will get them. The best solution, in my opinion, is just to use ZLIB. This will prevent Average User from modifying your data while saving you a ton of wasted effort trying to protect what can't be protected.

For example: if you encrypt it, where will you store the decrypt key? In the program, right? So all someone needs to do is find the key that you left lying around and they got your data.

This topic is 3717 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.