Where to find Visio for VC++.net 2003?

Started by
9 comments, last by ehsan2004 16 years, 6 months ago
Hi there Currently I want to study a big project and need to see the UML diagrams of the project. My friend suggested me to use Visio, But he didn't know that if it's free? Is there a link to download Visio for VC++.net 2003, So I can see the UML diagrams of the project? -Ehsan-
Advertisement
Visio is a portion of Microsoft Office and is commercial, not freeware.
[TheUnbeliever]
Visio is a commercial office tool by Microsoft and not free.
There are numerous free UML tools.
So can I integrate those free UML tools with VC++.net 2003?( Could I give a sln file to those tools and they draw the diagram for me? )
-Ehsan-
Quote:Original post by ehsan2004
So can I integrate those free UML tools with VC++.net 2003?( Could I give a sln file to those tools and they draw the diagram for me? )

Nope.

That kind of functionality costs, generally (especially since it'd require that the UML tool understand MSVS's proprietary .sln file format). The only tool I know about that does that, generally and easily, is Enterprise Architect, but I haven't evaluated it extensively. It's minimum price (Desktop Edition) is also $135.

Edit: fixed html. Thanks, TheUnbeliever.
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi

Nope.

That kind of functionality costs, generally (especially since it'd require that the UML tool understand MSVS's proprietary .sln file format). The only tool I know about that does that, generally and easily, is Enterprise Architect, but I haven't evaluated it extensively. It's minimum price (Desktop Edition) is also $135.

Fixed :-)

[TheUnbeliever]
OK, I downloaded EA, But how to open VC++.net projects in EA. it only opens the EAP projects.
-Ehsan-
OK, I downloaded EA, But how to open VC++.net projects in EA. it only opens the EAP projects.

Read the documentation.
OK, But the documentation is about 1500 pages!I like to focus on the "ColladaRT" project, not the "EA" software.
OK, But the documentation is about 1500 pages!I like to focus on the "ColladaRT" project, not the "EA" software.

EA User Guide: move to "Code Engineering" -> "Reverse Engineering and Synchronizing" -> "Import C++"/"Import Source Code". Should be similar in the offline docs.
Seriously, you only need to parse the table of contents to find the required information. No need to read the whole thing, learn how to extract the information you need from the available sources. This is an essential skill especially when trying to figure out how a complex piece of software works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement