blitz3d fps ai need help!

Started by
11 comments, last by acddklr07 16 years, 6 months ago
so how do i create the standard fps enemy ai? i want it so that the enemies will shoot at the player be aware of their environments etc. how do i accomplish this in blitz3d? a sample code or a short explanation would help!
Advertisement
Many ways to go about....

Most common would be waypoints, which basically is a dummy node that serves....
this does a better job at explaining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waypoint

A better definition (game related):
http://www.rawcomputing.co.uk/waypoints.html

After you check this out... You can elaborate on precise topics and where you would want to head next!!

Good Luck,
Hi zabo!
First of all, you should try to post questions about Blitz3D in the official BlitzBasic forum. You might get more help. ;)
In B3D, you code your ai like in *every* language.
In fact, a *simple* ai is nothing more than a couple of if-statements.
Like:
For ai.TAI = each TAIif ai.seeplayer = true and ai.range < maxrange thenai.shootplayer = trueendifnext

Or more complicated with a crate to duck&cover:
For ai.TAI = each TAIif ai.seecrate(crate1) = True and ai.candosomething = True thenai.cover(crate1)ai.candosomething = Falseend if

Understood? It's not so much difficult to code a simple ai.
For more understanding, simple ask our good friend google. ;)
Good luck for you!
greets, FFF_______________________________God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.
Thanks man ill check those out!(wow this site is really helpfull) (:
Quote:Original post by FreakForFreedom
Hi zabo!
First of all, you should try to post questions about Blitz3D in the official BlitzBasic forum. You might get more help. ;)
Like:
For ai.TAI = each TAIif ai.seeplayer = true and ai.range < maxrange thenai.shootplayer = trueendifnext

For ai.TAI = each TAIif ai.seecrate(crate1) = True and ai.candosomething = True thenai.cover(crate1)ai.candosomething = Falseend if

Good luck for you!

i havnt bought the full version yet so i cant
Quote:Original post by FreakForFreedom
Hi zabo!
Like:

Good luck for you!

so how do we get the computer to understand how to "see the player" or understand how to "shoot the player"? also how do i set the range and accuracy values? (sorry my education in blitz 3d doesnt go beyond 3d game programming for teens!)
That might be a little hard as you'll need some knowledge on vectors and matrix projections... aim low n then build forward....

Quote:Original post by nassimamar
That might be a little hard as you'll need some knowledge on vectors and matrix projections... aim low n then build forward....

so ummmm were can i get info on those? any specific links?
Hello,

Vectors and Matrices are usually covered in upper level high school math. I know I learned about matrices in honors algebra 2, and vectors in honors pre-calculus. I would advise you to go to your local library and look through their math section. You would look for any algebra books and see if they cover matrices and if not look in pre-calculus books, or calculus books. Also, you would look for any pre-calculus book or calculus books to see if they cover vectors. I would advise you to work out the problems in the book to make sure you understand. Luckily, vectors and matrices are very easy to pick up on. You might have to look into some physics stuff for vectors too, but I am not sure about that. After you learn it you could possibly look up articles on that stuff related to game programming by searching google.

~Carl J. Loucius
N' If you find that the math is too dry for now, concentrate on blitz3d, as you'll learn many many things that go beyond a 3d engine (ie: state machines, game structure, game mechanics, etc.) then from the top, you can start digging to the abysses of what a game engine is all about.... Again, that is after you do ur library digging.... make that choice....

Good Luck!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement