Sign in to follow this  
NUCLEAR RABBIT

serious problem!

hello! ok, so I use VC++ EE2005 and Im trying to learn SDL, but the problem is that I cannot run the programs after I code it :( I installed SDL correctly (i followed lazy foo), and it builds ok (no errors), but when I try and run the exe, it says the application config is incorrect so it wnt start it (i edited the project properties just like tuts). When I do the SAMETHING on my desktop, it runs fine and works as it should, but when I do it on my laptop, it doesnt work. my laptop is a HP 2006 so it isn't old or anything. Can anyone please help me??? [sad]

Quote:
Original post by NUCLEAR RABBIT
hello!

ok, so I use VC++ EE2005 and Im trying to learn SDL, but the problem is that I cannot run the programs after I code it :(

I installed SDL correctly (i followed lazy foo), and it builds ok (no errors), but when I try and run the exe, it says the application config is incorrect so it wnt start it (i edited the project properties just like tuts). When I do the SAMETHING on my desktop, it runs fine and works as it should, but when I do it on my laptop, it doesnt work. my laptop is a HP 2006 so it isn't old or anything. Can anyone please help me??? [sad]

You are probably missing one or more DLLs. Is SDL.dll in the programs directory? You can use dependancy walker to find anything else that might be missing if you have SDL.dll and it still doesn't work.

I'm confused what your problem is. Here's what I hear you saying:

"I compile and run the program fine on my desktop"
"when I try to run it on my laptop it doesn't work"

Yes?

The problem is that you need the .NET runtime redistributable for the Express Edition to be installed on the other machine. Essentially, because you are using the free version of the compiler it just means there are a little more hoops to go through to make that application happy on another machine.

you can google for more info; i can't find the links right now. try the microsoft FAQ for the VS 2005 Express edition

-me