Sign in to follow this  
b2therizzo

simple photoshop question (i think) ...

b2therizzo    122
i've been playing around with the posterize layer adjustments in photoshop (been trying to limit the alpha values for a 32-bit image), but when i "save for the web" option with a png24 it doesn't save my posterized version, it saves the full alpha channel. i want to see what the difference in file size may be by limiting the alpha values, but can't if photoshop won't export the changes i've made. am i doing something wrong?

freeworld    341
wich photoshop are you using, I'll have to try this in a second and tell you my experience.

Worked Just fine for me... Here's what I did, Your post doesn't really explain much of what you're actually doing.

1: I made one layer with a solid color.
2: made a second layer on top of that one that hade varying levels of transparancy on it.
3: I made the 3rd layer the posterize layer with an amount of 4.
4: click on save for web, and picked png-24
5: I then clicked save, and when I looked at the image with windows viewer it looked just like it did in photoshop

I use CS2 by the way.

b2therizzo    122
i figured out what i was doing wrong, thanks for your tip. i was thinking that if you limited the amount of alpha, the overall file size would go down. but that's not true at least as far as i can tell.