Programming rpg games w\ directx cd problems(repost)

Started by
6 comments, last by Spylogo 16 years, 6 months ago
reposted because I thought i might get bettter replies in the directx board instead of the game programming board on a book about directx game programming.
Quote:Original post by Spylogo I have problems running the html in the cd which makes it crash. The cd will freeze up all my computers except for my windows 98 one. plus it wont install some of the stuff right. and yes I bought a legitimat copy of the book with the cd off amazon. if you cant help, could you point me towards an iso or the code and sample files. And unluckily i cant return the book or cd. the book pic.
Advertisement
1) Copy the files from the CD to your hard drive and try to run from there. This has solved issues for me in the past.

2) Try opening the HTML with a different web browser...Firefox, IE, Safari, whatever

Why cant you return it?
In general we don't allow cross-posting or re-posting in these forums. For future reference you're better off sending a moderator a private message or using the "report this post to a moderator" and requesting a move to a new forum.

From a quick online search Premier Press has been swallowed up by Thomson. They have a support page you could try using.

To be honest, the book you're using is pretty old now so you'll be lucky to find the code online anywhere (legal or otherwise). Given the acquisition of the publisher you may find that its no longer supported and/or they've run out of replacement CD's.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

hehe it crashes when i try to copy it to my drive. and isos arent illegel if i have the orignal copy. also sorry about the repost. and i cant return it because it is more than 60 days old because i thought maybe it would work when i got a new pc which i got about 70 days after i got it but it wouldnt even run the cd while my windows 98 will run a few of the files.
Quote:Original post by Spylogo
isos arent illegel if i have the orignal copy.

You don't own copyrighted content, it is licensed to you. Unless the license includes reproduction of the material as an iso file, it still is illegal. That doesn't mean that it should be illegal or that the rules are fair to consumers, but that's the way copyright works. </tangent>

jollyjeffers is right about the age of that book, though. You might be better off just buying something new if you can't turn up anything online.

XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
I own that book and have all the code on my hard drive. If you want, I will send you the folder if you know of a way to send file that large.
oh and the stuff on the cd is free content in the first place...... its just mostly directx 3d a few free trials and source codes plus it even says in the book in the back about allowing 1 free backup and so on. oh and upload it to http://megaupload.com/ it lets you uploads up to 500 mb size files. and thank you thank you thank you.
bump

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement