• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tinu

OpenGL Textures in OpenGL

This topic is 3930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a doubt on OpenGL Textures. I use eight textures in my program to 8 different objects. For the Eighth object also I get the seventh texture itself. When I comment the Seventh texture usage and creation I get the Eighth Texture. Is there any limit on number of textures that can be used in OpenGL programs. And also when I use glgenTextures() with 2 as a parameter I get stack corruption error. Expecting Reply...

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by tinu
Is there any limit on number of textures that can be used in OpenGL programs.
Yes, it depends on the memory taken by the data in flight. Implementations likely have an upper bound but it's a really big number by all means.
There's a much stricter limit on the number of textures you can use at the same time: 8 for FFP >=16 for shaders...
Quote:
Original post by tinu
And also when I use glgenTextures() with 2 as a parameter I get stack corruption error.
If you ask for two textures and it crashes my best bet is that something is missing or gone horribly wrong previously.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!