Sign in to follow this  
Lithic

College Gamedev Project

I'm an extremely old member of gamedev but I haven't logged in for roughly 3 years. This semester I'm taking my college Case Western Reserve University's advanced gamedev class in collaboration with the Cleveland Institute of Art. Here's a brief gameplay video that should give some idea where we're at after half a semester. The video framerate is pretty bad (the game framerate is great) and it doesn't show numerous features of the game like coop multiplayer. It's written in XNA so it runs on PC or Xbox 360. It plays very arcadishly and is quite fun despite not having actual objective-based levels yet. The blue glowing things are gates, and the green glowing things are onna the first weapons. Using ship models for everything in this vid. We have other models (the real hero ship model doesn't look like a chicken, nor does the gate), but the texture's aren't in a power of 2, so I can't load them on my laptop graphics card although other people in our project can. We're getting that resolved ASAP. It's great doing something like this and getting college credit for it! Hopefully this will eventually be released to the general public at the end of the semester, but I'm not promising anything. Objective-based levels, cutscenes, and more enemy/weapon types are where we're going from here. The game's name is Nanocide. There is a story and some other stuff that I'm going to leave to your imagination. Linky: Game Preview

Sign in to follow this