Sign in to follow this  
kknd2006

stl container as function's parameter

hello everyone! i found a error C2061 when i try to use a list as a parameter of a function The code like the following In NPC.h #include <list> #include <functional> #include <algorithm> class NPC { //data... //function bool Search(list<NPC*>& npc); } At c++ primer 3rd edition, it show that we can use container as a function's paramter it's code like that void putValues(const vector<int>&){..} On the msdn, it claim that " template <class T, typename T::type (*pFunc)() > void MyFunction(); When you use template parameter as a type, you must use the typename keyword. According to ANSI C++ standards, a qualified name that refers to a type type specifier and that depends on a template parameter must be prefixed by the typename keyword." How can i solve this problem?! should i change the input function parameter to other data type!?

Quote:
Original post by kknd2006
hello everyone!
i found a error C2061 when i try to use a list as a parameter of a function
The code like the following

In NPC.h
#include <list>
#include <functional>
#include <algorithm>
class NPC
{
//data...

//function
bool Search(list<NPC*>& npc);
}

list is in namespace std, so it should be:
bool Search(std::list<NPC*>& npc);

Quote:
Original post by kknd2006
On the msdn, it claim that
"
template <class T, typename T::type (*pFunc)() >
void MyFunction();

When you use template parameter as a type, you must use the typename keyword. According to ANSI C++ standards, a qualified name that refers to a type type specifier and that depends on a template parameter must be prefixed by the typename keyword."

The typename keyword only needs to be used when you have a nested type specifier using a template parameter. In the msdn example, type is a member of the type T, which is a template paremeter. Your function parameter only needs the typename keyword if it fits this case, since it's just like any other variable declaration.