Problem With DX Debug Dialog Not Appearing

Started by
1 comment, last by Schmacker 16 years, 6 months ago
Ok, I'm having issues getting the DirectX Dialog in the Control Panel so that I can set debug and such. I have just recently installed August SDK, with all the options that I could see ticked, and it doesn't appear. I had done the same earlier with the April SDK, all options, not appearing. Weirdest thing of all. When I didn't know what it was and had no need for it, it was there, but now, no dice. First off, can anyone suggest something that I might have to install that I don't have that could be causing this? I have VS 2005, and it seems to go just fine, but are there settings that I might need to switch on in there? Secondly, is there anyway to turn the DX debugging on and off without the control panel dialog? Maybe some kind of utility or some such that comes with the SDK? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Schmacker
Advertisement
In more recent SDKs the DirectX debug settings were moved out of the system control panel into the DirectX Utilities folder of the SDK (Start -> Microsoft DirectX SDK -> DirectX Utilities -> DirectX Control Panel)

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Excellent... thanks for helping there

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement