problem w/ Direct3D

Started by
2 comments, last by Spylogo 16 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm having a problem with my direct3D. While in- game (specifically Counter-Strike:Source) Upon running the game, I can play it fine with no interruptions for 20 - 30 minutes or so, then it closes unannounced, and a little box shows up saying: Error: Failed to initalize(direct3D)Internal Error Then I cannot open games, I have to run dxdiag, and then restart my comp., take the tests, and it repeats the same thing once in game. I'm not a computer guys, so I haven't tried much to solve this, if you guys could help me, it'd be greatly apperciated so I don't have to go to BestBuy. I realize my computer isn't the greatest running machine, its fairly new, its pretty good. But my gfx card is way outdated, I'm wondering if this could be the problem. Here's my specs. Hewlett-Packard Company Compaq Presario AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.99 GHz, 448 MB of RAM Not much, but I jsut need to upgrade my gfx when possible and maybe a new processor. But I'd really like to fix this problem wiht d3D. Please help! Thanks!
Advertisement
Basically you need a newer graphics card because it looks like they are trying to use a feature that your card does not support, and didn't provide a method for graceful degradation.

It also may be possibly due to having not enough memory or some corrupt memory but I think thats much less likely. Upgrading your processor may be a good idea in general but its not going to prevent errors, just speed things up a little.
This isn't a tech support forum. This forum is for the development of games utilising DirectX.
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
well he didnt fully know if it was a hardware problem or something else so dont yell at him. anyways it was a directx problem/question so it isnt fully out of topic either.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement