Claiming a company

Started by
3 comments, last by nobodynews 16 years, 6 months ago
If i form a company how do i protect the name from beign stolen? Do i have to register it with something? How do i make it offical so its mine?
I'm a novice C++ programmer, wanting to succeed and learn. If you ever want to be my friend or just talk add me.MSN IM: hazardx_anime@hotmail.com
Advertisement
I think when you register it at your local chamber of commerce then its yours. But I'm not completely sure about that.
Quote:Original post by dillscon
I think when you register it at your local chamber of commerce then its yours. But I'm not completely sure about that.

That's not true (at least not in most countries).
What you want is a trademark.
Ok so how do i get one?
I'm a novice C++ programmer, wanting to succeed and learn. If you ever want to be my friend or just talk add me.MSN IM: hazardx_anime@hotmail.com
Quote:Original post by Hazardx
Ok so how do i get one?

Well, if you read that link it says
Quote:Proprietary rights in relation to a trademark may be established through actual use in the marketplace, or through registration of the mark with the trademarks office (or "trademarks registry") of a particular jurisdiction - e.g. US Patent and Trademark Office.

The link "US Patent and Trademark Office" would be the place to go (as your apparently from the USA).

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement