Sign in to follow this  

Main() Function in Seperate source file?

This topic is 3749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im not new to programming, but I am to c++. I am writing a very basic Ogre application and the tutorial I followed has the main() loop right in with everything else. I am trying to figure out how to seperate it so I can have like a main.cpp and then ogre.cpp file. My reason is that I am extremely OCD and have to keep everything as organized as possible. Basically I want all of this in ogre.cpp except for the main() Here is my code... //Include all of files needed for the Project #include "wo_Globals.h" #if defined(WIN32) #include "windows.h" int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { #else int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { #endif //Initialize Ogre Variables Ogre::Root *mRoot; Ogre::RenderWindow *mWindow; Ogre::SceneManager *sceneMgr; Ogre::Camera *mCamera; Ogre::Viewport *viewPort; mRoot = new Root("", ""); //Load Render System #if defined(_DEBUG) mRoot->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL_d"); #else mRoot->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL"); #endif RenderSystemList *renderSystems = NULL; RenderSystemList::iterator r_it; renderSystems = mRoot->getAvailableRenderers(); r_it = renderSystems->begin(); mRoot->setRenderSystem(*r_it); mRoot->initialise(false); //Load Plugins #if defined(_DEBUG) mRoot->loadPlugin("Plugin_CgProgramManager_d"); mRoot->loadPlugin("Plugin_OctreeSceneManager_d"); #else mRoot->loadPlugin("Plugin_CgProgramManager"); mRoot->loadPlugin("Plugin_OctreeSceneManager"); #endif //Initialize Resources ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().addResourceLocation( "resource", "FileSystem", "General"); ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().initialiseResourceGroup("General"); //Hardcoded Defaults - Temp NameValuePairList opts; opts["resolution"] = "1024x768"; opts["fullscreen"] = "false"; opts["vsync"] = "false"; //Create the actual Window mWindow = mRoot->createRenderWindow("Warlords", 1024, 768, false, &opts); //Create the Scene Manager, Camera, and Viewport sceneMgr = mRoot->createSceneManager(ST_GENERIC); mCamera = sceneMgr->createCamera("PlayerCam"); mCamera->setNearClipDistance(5); viewPort = mWindow->addViewport(mCamera); viewPort->setBackgroundColour(ColourValue(0,0,0)); mCamera->setAspectRatio((Real)1.333333); //For Input Handler unsigned long hWnd; mWindow->getCustomAttribute("WINDOW", &hWnd); //Setup the Inputer Handler Simulation *mSim = new Simulation(); InputHandler *mHandler = new InputHandler(mSim, hWnd); mSim->requestStateChange(SIMULATION); //While Game State is not SHUTDOWN, Continue to Render while (mSim->getCurrentState() != SHUTDOWN) { mHandler->capture(); WindowEventUtilities::messagePump(); mRoot->renderOneFrame(); } //Scene Cleanup Section delete mRoot; return 0; }

THIS should help.

Quote:

m not new to programming, but I am to c++

If you are new to C++, I highly recommend learning more about C++ before jumping into a large engine, like Ogre.

Sign in to follow this