Designing hiearchy of classses wanna help?

Started by
3 comments, last by bzroom 16 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm making a 2D game right now, and have realized that in the game I will have to worry about the following: The Game 2D Fighting ("Street Fighter Like") Graphics -loading -rendering -cleaning up SFX -loading -playing -cleaning up Physics -force -collision 2d space -motion AI -enemy move -enemy attack -enemy defend Players -there structures -Enemy structures -what player has been selected -how many players are there Game itself -How many players -what screen are we at -high scores -how to win, when they've lost Fighting Que Stack -creating the stack -what's who is on the stack -what comes after this stack -cleaning up the stack So this is all I have been able to think for this game, but knowing that I will think of more. Would it be appropriate as in (good readable code) to create a class and header for all of the main components that i've just listed that the game will have? If not, or if so what are you thoughts on this matter, and how to design this game for easy game development? My plan is to have a beta of this game by December, and have it completed by the time I graduate in May.
Advertisement
Your first goal should be to get a picture on the screen and get some input. Maybe just keys that move the picture around in four directions. Then from there make incremental changes to your game until it ends up being the game that you want.
Quote:Original post by coden4fun
Would it be appropriate as in (good readable code) to create a class and header for all of the main components that i've just listed that the game will have? If not, or if so what are you thoughts on this matter, and how to design this game for easy game development?

This is a pretty broad question. Of course you will have classes for all of your main components, and of course you will have separate header files. But "how to design the game for easy game development" is not a real question. Have you thought about how these different components are going to talk to each other? Which dependencies you're going to have? You might get a better answer if you were a little more specific and told us how much previous experience you have.
Start off by making a story board of your overall game. Then start filling in the details into each screen as you need to. Once the whole game is on paper, start figuring out all the interactions you will need to create.

Now you have something to build your structure from when you go and code. Don't start coding until you have planned the whole game.

PS Don't forget sound/music
Heres a little list I've made up for you. All of these are classe, the references and instances should likely be smart pointers.

//PlatformWindowInputTimer//EngineEngine InputManager SceneSerializer Matrix Vector Transform Sound  Buffer  Voice  Listener Physics  Body  Joint  Integrator  ParticleEmitter Renderer  RenderSurface  Texture  Material  Light  Model  Skeleton  ModelInstance  Camera -not really needed for 2d Object  PhysicalReference  RendererReference  LogicalReference  AnimationController   SkeletonReference Effects  EmitterReference  SoundReference  LightReference LogicHelpers  LineofSight  Trigger  Indicator GUI  Panel  Button  ProgressBar  CheckBox  UserRendered Debug  VariousPrimitives  Text  TweakValues//GameGameLogic GameSerializer ObjectLogicProcessors

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement