Sign in to follow this  
schattenmaennlein

SDL and GL in VC6

This works: #include "SDL.h" int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { // Body of the program goes here. return 0; } ----------------------- This doesnt: #include "SDL.h" #include "gl/gl.h" //<- thats the new line int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { // Body of the program goes here. return 0; } c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\gl\gl.h(1152) : error C2501: 'WINGDIAPI' : missing storage-class or type specifiers my project parameters: opengl32.lib sdl.lib sdlmain.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib wheres my mistake? **EDIT** okay, I have to include the <windows.h> also. Why can I use DevC++ without including windows? [Edited by - schattenmaennlein on October 13, 2007 7:18:25 PM]

Kalasjniekof    246
Quote:

**EDIT**

okay, I have to include the <windows.h> also. Why can I use DevC++ without including windows?

No you don't, including windows.h will make it impossible for your app to run in other os's than windows (the reason you want to use SDL to begin with...).
In your SDL include directory is SDL's version of the gl header: sdl_opengl.h. Use that one instead, as it doesn't require platform-specific headers (like windows.h)

EDIT: you'll still have to link to opengl32.lib, as usual.