• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alfaalex101

Shaders on DX9 Games

This topic is 3865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys! (1st post) I was wondering how to put different post processing effects (in my case bloom)on different DX9 games like for example Halo. I know its been done before but I don't know how. Does anyone have a solution or a way I can do this? Here is something someone made: Generic HDR D3D9.dll mod http://timeslip.chorrol.com/FakeHDRDownload.html

Advertisement
The fake HDR mod for Oblivion utilised the shader system and modding capabilities of its engine. There's no general way to do this that will work for all games since you don't have access to their source code. And as far as I know Halo doesn't provide much moddability at all. You'll need to learn how to mod Halo (probably using Halo CE). I doubt that it's possible to add custom post processing effects, though. Customised, moddable shaders are a fairly advanced feature for an engine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!