• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Creating your game Framework for multiple games?

This topic is 3768 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I made a beginning game framework, no it's not a game engine, for I didn't want it just for a 2d scroller, or a 2d top down, or a puzzle but I wanted the input, main, graphics, sound, and text to be loaded, and displayed the same, so if I didn't want to make a game engine for the others then I wouldn't have to do a lot of work. Well, I made a small framekwork that did all that i listed up there, but I didn't know how to copy, or use that in a new project, so I added all as existing class in multiple classes, then I saved each one to a specific folder for that project; however, going back to work on my framework I realized that damn I changed the files. Good thing I had a back up, so my question is How do I load multiple source files, and headers to a project without having to open each one in WordPerfect and a bunch of copying and pasting?

Advertisement
Generally if you're making a framework you compile it into a library. Then you just need to set up the include directories/linker paths correctly in your game project and you can compile in your framework library.

-me

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement