Ah...the joys of debugging.

Started by
7 comments, last by CmpDev 16 years, 5 months ago
I just spent the last 3 or 4 hours trying to spot a single bug. Finally, I got it. Of course, as is most often the case, the problem was resolved with a single line of code. Programming can be so frustrating sometimes...Comment!
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Advertisement
Ditto that.

However your missing the good part.
How good did it feel when you did finally find it? =P
Quote:Original post by Trandafira
Ditto that.

However your missing the good part.
How good did it feel when you did finally find it? =P

Ah, yes...Of course. I feel relieved, but I am sorry that I wasted that much of my life on one stupid line of code...
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Quote:Original post by tHiSiSbOb
...Programming can be so frustrating sometimes...Comment!

Maybe a better thread title could have been "Ah the joys of not using unit testing"
Maybe not. Unit testing doesn't lend itself well to every class/function creatable.
Quote:Original post by CmpDev

Maybe a better thread title could have been "Ah the joys of not using unit testing"
Do you have any constructive criticism, such as a suggestion for a book on unit testing that focuses on realistic examples that actually make sense?
(I'm really tired of crappy programming books where "examples" show "ways to misuse and abuse the presented ideas")
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
I rate programmers... I know a coder. His name is.... Forget it. Just keep coding.

SteelProphets
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
Quote:Original post by CmpDev

Do you have any constructive criticism, such as a suggestion for a book on unit testing that focuses on realistic examples that actually make sense?
(I'm really tired of crappy programming books where "examples" show "ways to misuse and abuse the presented ideas")

I haven't read a book which has solely targeted unit testing, yet only chapters of many books about unit testing and testing in general. From the books I have read the one I would recommend is The Art of Software Testing 2nd edition.
As an after thought I had a look for a book dedicated to unit testing and xUnit Test Patterns: Refactoring Test Code sounds like a very good book in Martin Fowlers Series. Hmm it's nearly Christmas and my book list is already long.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement