• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Reading AVI data from a huge general multimedia data file

This topic is 3767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to read and playback an AVI video data that it is inside a huge general purpose data file that contains among others sound & graphics data. Is that possible to have a direct access to a specific offset inside the data that points to that AVI stream and play it with MCI without of course the need of extracting to a temp file? I found that mmioOpen of the MCI command set can do that. Is there any sample or example that i can play with ? Any other recommendations ? Regards,

Advertisement
I wanted to use it, but never used it myself but i think name pipes are what you are looking for

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe
---
The named pipe can be accessed much like a file. Win32 SDK functions such as CreateFile, ReadFile, WriteFile and CloseHandle can be used to open, read from, write to, and close a pipe. C library functions such as fopen, fread, fwrite, and fclose can also be used, unlike Windows Sockets, which does not implement network use of standard file i/o operations. There is no command line interface like Unix.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement