• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Darkblade

Window maximisation

This topic is 4008 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have attempted to google this already, but not really sure what keyword will turn up good results. On a windows platform it is possible to create apps that subdivide the screen such that a maximised window (or muiltiple maximised windows) only fill a portion of the screen. Examples of this would be the google desktop or slingplayer, which (with the option enabled) always appear on top, and windows which maximise rather than running below the window appear to maxise to the side of it. I realise you can do this by altering the maximisation settings of your own window, but am unsure how to enforce this on other programs such that my window appears correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
I don't use google desktop or slingplayer, but it sounds like what you're asking about are desktop toolbars. An example application is available on Microsoft's website here. If you have a local installation of MSDN, chances are the BandObjs sample is already on your computer. You should be able to find it under the "Shell Programmer's Guide" topic or more specifically you might be able to find it under "Creating Custom Explorer Bars, Tool Bands, and Desk Bands"

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!