• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Valseki

C# and console formatting

This topic is 3922 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, My current project is going to be a text based game. It will be written in C# and I would like to use a curses-like library. I tried to find something on google, but ended up with nothing. Could anyone suggest a good curses-like library? Does C# have anything built in? Thank you for any help!

Advertisement
I've read a lot of posts where most say that the .net library is plenty enough for a console game as far as libraries go.

What is curses supposed to do?

Quote:
Original post by dillscon
I've read a lot of posts where most say that the .net library is plenty enough for a console game as far as libraries go.

What is curses supposed to do?

Nevermind I just googled it myself. That sounds really cool actually. I'm gonna google around to see what can be found myself.

From what I understand, curses helps with console text and layout. I think its what I want. This is basically what I want todo:

Edit:

Actually, this is exactly what I want todo:

I wish to have one large 'form' (60x20), one under this one (80x5) and then one to the right of the large form (20x25). The reason I want this is the main (large) form will have most of the updating while the other 2 should only update once in a while (I am using update to mean redraw).

Now I am not sure if this is possible or if I have to update the whole screen regardless.

Quote:
Original post by acddklr07
Hello,

http://www.mono-project.com/Libraries

That website has links to two C# curses library. Also, it was very easy to find. All I did was go to google and type in C# binding of curses library and I found it instantly :)!

Sincerely,
Carl J. Loucius

Nice its documented too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!