• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
utkarshseth

moving line with center fixed

This topic is 4037 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have wheel shaped structure(a circle) with spokes(lines) in it. I want that when ever i select and try to move any spoke(lines) it should be able to move with its center fixed to the center of the wheel(circle). How do i go about it? Please help Utk

Advertisement
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. Do you want the spoke to rotate around it's center if moved?

If so, you could get the direction from the center to the cursor and then rotate the spoke so that it axis matches that direction.

I want the line just to rotate about its center or about the center of the circle it is in. I have the matrix of the line. No Translations should be allowed. Much like the hands of the clock where it rotates about its center. In my case the extra thing is that it should be able to rotate in any plane but the center of the line should always match with the center of the circle it is in

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!