Colleges that offer Game Programming in or near Holland

Started by
12 comments, last by Marly 16 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for the replies guys.

It seems that informatica is computer science. Don't you think one time computer science will be enough? Do you think it will be best to do it all over again? I think that what I learn here at the MBO will be enough for me, my basics, and I prefer to be programming after this.

I have already considered UU and I know it is a good school with good educations, but like you guys are already saying, going to the University may be an impossible task for me, so NHTV is the only choice that I know at the moment. Is there anyone that knows a school that I can add to that, or anyone that wants to help me consider another?

To Sijmen: Is there a Game Design education at the Hogeschool of Amsterdam? And how long is the technische informatice education?

I think it is very sad of people to give me a bad rating for this, just because I am asking questions. Some people are just very sad, they need to get a life. I am doing my best to make the messages I post as big and informative as possible. I'm trying to not let them sound noobish or not-nice, and then I get this.

I do really appreciate all the help I am getting from you guys. I am not blowing it away because I don't want to hear it, I'm only trying to make a discussion out of it. Therefore, I would really like to know what the difference between a MBO and HBO computer science education is, because I am doing an MBO computer science education at the moment.

Thanks a lot for all the help I am getting from you guys. If you guys dislike me posting this here because you're finding it 'ignorant', please say so and I'll try to post it in the beginner section, hoping for answers.

Marlon.

EDIT:

Because I wasn't getting any replies, I joined the GameDev.net IRC Chat to talk about this question. They cleared up my mind, and I am very thankful for that. I now know that real programming educations don't exist. The ones that pretend to be programming educations are just rip-offs. They told me it would be best to either learn programming all by myself or to follow a Computer Science education and program in my own time. I will be getting the basics and the understandings at the Computer Science education, but it will be good to program in my own time too.

This means I have a new target now, not programming schools, not game programming schools, but schools that offer a high quality Computer Science education in the area of the Netherlands; Netherland, Great Britain, France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg. Most people say there are enough schools that offer high quality Computer Science educations in the Netherlands though. That's why I would prefer a school in the Netherlands, but if you know a real high quality one near Holland you may tell me too.

Thanks for the help!

[Edited by - Marly on October 28, 2007 4:25:04 AM]
Advertisement
Bump!
Quote:Original post by Marly
Thanks for the replies guys.

It seems that informatica is computer science. Don't you think one time computer science will be enough? Do you think it will be best to do it all over again? I think that what I learn here at the MBO will be enough for me, my basics, and I prefer to be programming after this.

I have already considered UU and I know it is a good school with good educations, but like you guys are already saying, going to the University may be an impossible task for me, so NHTV is the only choice that I know at the moment. Is there anyone that knows a school that I can add to that, or anyone that wants to help me consider another?

To Sijmen: Is there a Game Design education at the Hogeschool of Amsterdam? And how long is the technische informatice education?

I think it is very sad of people to give me a bad rating for this, just because I am asking questions. Some people are just very sad, they need to get a life. I am doing my best to make the messages I post as big and informative as possible. I'm trying to not let them sound noobish or not-nice, and then I get this.

I do really appreciate all the help I am getting from you guys. I am not blowing it away because I don't want to hear it, I'm only trying to make a discussion out of it. Therefore, I would really like to know what the difference between a MBO and HBO computer science education is, because I am doing an MBO computer science education at the moment.

Thanks a lot for all the help I am getting from you guys. If you guys dislike me posting this here because you're finding it 'ignorant', please say so and I'll try to post it in the beginner section, hoping for answers.

Marlon.

I took the MBO -> HBO route myself, and I started out with a Technische Informatica education on MBO level. I'm doing the same thing on HBO right now, but the differences are huge. While at MBO level, I both sys. admin aswell as programming, it didn't even tip on the programming course i'm getting now.

The pro of my Technische Informatica at HBO level is that I get to tinker with low level C/C++ aswell as high level Java/C# stuff. I wrote license plate recognition in C#, and a GBA game in C. I can mix and match these technologies when needed, and know what tool does what best for the job.

I study at the Hogeschool Utrecht, and since this year, part of the HBO - TI course is now an optional GameDev component, which teaches you some of the game skill.

Toolmaker

Quote:Original post by Toolmaker

I took the MBO -> HBO route myself, and I started out with a Technische Informatica education on MBO level. I'm doing the same thing on HBO right now, but the differences are huge. While at MBO level, I both sys. admin aswell as programming, it didn't even tip on the programming course i'm getting now.

The pro of my Technische Informatica at HBO level is that I get to tinker with low level C/C++ aswell as high level Java/C# stuff. I wrote license plate recognition in C#, and a GBA game in C. I can mix and match these technologies when needed, and know what tool does what best for the job.

I study at the Hogeschool Utrecht, and since this year, part of the HBO - TI course is now an optional GameDev component, which teaches you some of the game skill.

Toolmaker

Thanks for your reply Toolmaker!

I am doing the education system administrator right now, and there's almost no programming, that's why I want to follow an education in which you get a lot more programming.

As I can hear, you are getting way more programming than me. We are getting PHP, but it isn't even a little of the basics, all we learnt in the first year was how to include PHP and some little PHP codings, and I heard them say that we will not be getting PHP this year. (I'm currently in my training period) Sounds like your education is a lot better for me then mine.

That there is optional Game Development sounds like music in my ears! Do you think that the school you are going to is a good school? And are you following a good (quality) education?

It all sounds very good. I'm adding it to the list of current schools at the beginning of this topic.

I'm still looking for other schools to consider, so if you know any or know people that do please let them post here. All other people that have nothing to do with you are welcome to tell me about their school(s) too here.

Thanks for the help!

[Edited by - Marly on October 29, 2007 5:46:19 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement