• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pshoemaker

Numenta Challenge: GAME

This topic is 4009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been reading the posts on this site for a while, and it is clear that many of you are focused on AI and Gaming. In discussing games with a lot of the engineers I work with (development tools engineers and such), it is clear that they don't understand playability like all of you do. So I figured I'd send this post out to all of you. I work at Numenta, a company founded by Jeff Hawkins to focus on an implementation of the way the brain works. As we've done more and more work on this platform, we created a simple demonstration application called Pictures, that does simple pattern recognition based on the way the brain works. Electronic Arts came to us, and gave us this idea of creating a contest: Turn that Pictures _example_ into a game. The problem that I see, is that the Numenta audience are mostly AI focused, and less game focused. So I'm extending this to you. Go to http://challenge.numenta.com, and see what the contest is all about. My guess is that you could figure out our APIs and create a playable game much faster than your non-gaming counterparts. What do you think? Phillip Shoemaker aka Numenta-Phil Numenta, Inc.

Advertisement
Interesting; I don't know what HTM is all about, but it plays like a NN designed for character recognition.

Well, it is not a neural network, and it is so much more than a character recognition engine. Check out the platform and you'll see what else you can do with the system.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!