• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I like the source engine, anything even closely open source?

This topic is 3830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For a long time I was reading DirectX and OpenGL low programming books. I don't want to reinvent the world...I just want to make some cool models,and put them into a game with physics. Physics is a MUST. However, I would rather do something open, or at least free. The ORGE 3d engine is enticing...but thats the thing..its just graphics. I'm looking for scripting, physics, animation, sound, input, gui and the works. Anything close thats open...possibly cross platform? Thanks.

Advertisement
Look into the extras packages for Ogre. You should be able to get everything together after you download a few dozen of those.

Alternatively, the Nebula engine might be more to your taste.

Guess what: This has already been answered quite well. I'm still interested in replies garnered to source like easiness and great physics. I'm feeling like OGRE 3d + multitude of strung together libraries might be kinda difficult for me.

I've read Direct X books and I don't feel like reinventing the wheel. Physics, FX whatever it might be.

Here's that post: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=466836

Ill read that but if anyone has any further suggestions...please.
Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement