• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Premature vertex or primitive cap?

This topic is 3775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My device caps indicate: 2,097,151 primitives 16,777,215 vertices I am trying to a mesh with has just: 1,048,576 verts 2,093,058 tris which is clearly well below my capacity. However, nothing renders on the screen, and I get this error: D3D9 Helper: IDirect3DDevice9::DrawIndexedPrimitive failed: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Primitive count or vertex count is too big. Check device caps. If I reduce the size of my mesh, it renders fine...but I don't understand. This mesh does not seem that big...it is just 1024x1024 vertices!! Edit: also, this is using an index buffer...so I thought that perhaps if I reduce the number of primitives to render from the DrawIndexedPrimitives call, I would at least see something...nada...I cannot render any of the faces from this object at all. It is as if the entire object cannot fit into GPU memory, so none of the faces will render.

Advertisement
Regardless of what your caps indicate, 2M is an absolutely insane amount of polys to be doing in one draw call. I very much doubt it would be anywhere close to efficient, even if you did get it to work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement