AI Game Programming Wisdom 4

Started by
10 comments, last by IADaveMark 12 years, 1 month ago
AI Game Programming Wisdom 4 is now available for pre-order! Unfortunately, the "look inside" function on this page is still pointing to the inside of AI Wisdom (1). Hopefully they will have that taken care of soon. And it looks like the book will be out in time for GDC in February. Nice timing!

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Advertisement
Woot!

From far my favorite series of computer science book. A must-read of profesionnal AI devs. I'll order my copy, and ask the studio to get one too...
I've been looking into getting this series (currently, I'm working form Mat Buckland's AI books). I've heard that they're great from some reviews; can anyone here confirm that?
Yep... good stuff. Remember that these are a collection of individual items, though. They are not meant as an educational book. There is some good stuff in there that you can pick and choose from, though. They are the AI-specific series of what started out as the "Game Programming Gems" series (currently on... #6?) Anyway, there are some handy things in both series.

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

They fill a nice niche. Mat's first book is more for people new to game AI, and other AI books I know are either too academic or kinda crappy. However, this series is about real ideas and experience from (mostly) real game AI programmers.

I think Im going to faint from excitement: the damn book is actually cheaper in Canada.
If you are going to GDC, bring it with and I will sign a copy! :D

Blogs I write:

Bah, I haven't got around to opening my copy of volume 3 yet! :)
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Bah, I haven't got around to opening my copy of volume 3 yet! :)

That's OK. You don't have to really read them anyway. Just have them sitting around to impress chicks. Women love AI programmers... right? I think? Well... that's what I was told. Uh... hmm...

Blogs I write:

What's up with this book? Prices are starting at beyond 500 bucks for that title!? Parts 1-3 are still reasonably priced, but something's odd about #4. Is it out of print and contains secret CIA knowledge or what??

Regards,
Shadax
OK... that's some funny shit right there. Not necessarily worth necroing a thread though, is it?

Blogs I write:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement