• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Ogre - How to control camera?

This topic is 3830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am writing a program in Ogre and have never done so before and could do with some assistance. My C++ knowledge is very basic at the moment so I am finding it very difficult to implement the smallest things. Currently I have a rendered a window and have a Camera, Light and Entity. But now I want to be able to move the Camera with the directional keys on the keyboard. I am assuming I need a FrameListener but have no idea how to implement it. Please help!

Advertisement
All you need is to setup the Ogre3d Application Wizard for your IDE. There you can create different Ogre projects, one of them consisting of the Ogre head being rendered with full camera control.

You could see how they've done it or just continue the work on the project itself.

Attach the camera to a scene node then move that scene node around. To get input you can either use the example framework (using framelistener's), but its better to roll your own game engine. The example framework is only designed for showing off ogre, theres no sound, networking, physics, etc.

I'd recommend using OIS for the input and than integrating the two. There's docs on the wiki on how to do that without using the example framework.

If you are only learning c++ at this point, maybe you should look into ogre based game engine; it'll come complete with input, sound, networking, etc, and be a lot simpler to get going. Again look at the ogre wiki for game engines based on ogre, theres a link off the main page from memory...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement