• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dhammer

C#?

This topic is 3980 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, my name is Derik: I am what I consider an intermediate programmer, primarily coding in VB 6.0 but have used C++ a lot with console based applications and have toyed with any number of other languages to a very small degree. Me, my brother,and a friend of ours have gotten together to start a long term textbased MMORPG project. Together we chose to learn C# and use this language for our project because it is a language with much more future potential than VB 6.0. Now i have 250k lines of VB 6 code and much more to write but now it all must be translated to C#. I have been tinkering with C# trying to understand how all of the fundamentals work and I have noticed that the process for doing things is very much different. I used C++ a lot but only with console based operations and most of my problems lie with creating and dealing with objects. I have had an easy time making them in code and manipulating the properties but getting them to display as a TextBox for example has been causing me frustration lately. I predict many more issues to come since i seem to not have a grasp of how C# is working compared to VB6. Can anyone help me? I'm open to source code meant for instructional use, tutorials, helpful links, or anything at all. I have looked on google for all of these things and have found them but often find out that what they are telling me i understand but it is what they assume i know that escapes me so if you have anything i would appreciate very detailed explanations and any references to the way that VB 6 worked would be nice too. Thanks Much Derik

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!