Hi New Guy Here, and Some Questions.

Started by
3 comments, last by r0yal dot net 16 years, 5 months ago
Alright, i am new to these forums, and to game design itself, i've made a basic game in FPScreator DEMO, and i am also very familiar with the Macromedia Flash Actionscript 2.0 programming language. I was wondering, what is the easist software for a new person to use, who is new to game design, i am willing to learn coding languages, and know some of Visual Basics 6. Thanks. God Bless, Travis Kunze.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by tkunze
who is new to game design

i am willing to learn coding languages

Unless you have an objection to C#, I think an easy way to get started is using C#, along with Visual Studio C# Express and XNA Express (which is like a managed wrapper around DX).

Hopefully though, someone else with experience can give you a pro answer.

I was wondering, what is the easist software for a new person to use, who is new to game design, i am willing to learn coding languages, and know some of Visual Basics 6. Thanks.
The easiest software to use is the software you know best. So my suggestion is to stick with what you know and switch to another tool once you hit the limitations of the one you have.

If you were a fresh start, I would suggest C# or Python, but in the end, the choice of language matters very little so you can choose any of the dozens of other mainstream languages avaliable without having to look back without regret.
-LuctusIn the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
Ok, thanks for the suggestions so far, like i said in my first post, i am very familar with Macromedia Flash Actionscript 2.0 language, which i have reached the limitations of that, as it can not program 3D period.

I will look into the python, and c# coding language. Anymore help would be much appreciated.

God Bless,
Travis Kunze - www.glowingmediaproductions.com
You said that you already know some Visual Basic and thats a pretty easy language to master. I've definitely seen some real nice open source 3D games made with VB and Direct X.

If you find that you want to move to a more lower level language for more control, I would recommend C#, like luctus and earlysnack stated. Between C#, C++, and C, I think C# is the easiest to grasp. Not to mention it has XNA support which = XBOX 360 games! lol ;D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement