• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ankou6591

It works, but only on my PC

This topic is 3912 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi how can I fix these problems, if they are never the same and not on my PC? 3 people tested this... The first got an error, that the program couldn't find d3dx9_30.dll The second one got an runtime error. The third got the picture undetailed or shrinked. the sources: http://ysites.de/DirectXtestProj.zip [Edited by - Ankou6591 on October 28, 2007 4:31:18 PM]

Advertisement
The first guy has an old version of DirectX and needs to update.

DirectX 9.0c means nothing, refer to them by "DirectX April 2007" "DirectX June 2007" etc..

The second you have specified no valuable information about.
Third one, you got any screenshots?

Unhandled exception at 0x7e43171b in DirectXtestProj.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00330033.

Try throwing out a few IsBadReadPtr() here and there, see if it helps your code.
Check all hresults, loading a mesh perhaps, then trying to draw it without checking if it succeeded? Hard to say.

Or perhaps post some source, you're not [i hope] gonna find a lot of people willing to run an unknown exe file on their system :p

Quote:

Try throwing out a few IsBadReadPtr() here and there, see if it helps your code.

I agree with http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2006/09/27/773741.aspx

Quote:
Original post by Unknown1004
Or you could just include the binary module (d3dx9_30.dll) in the EXE folder?

The EULA prohibits this.

Quote:

Third one, you got any screenshots?

http://rpgmakerxpdreams.rp.funpic.de/Bilderupload/daten/1193606682_Fragmente.PNG
and I found another person, who has the same result...

Quote:

Install the VC++ redist SP1

I'm using MingW

Quote:

Or perhaps post some source, you're not [i hope] gonna find a lot of people willing to run an unknown exe file on their system :p

oh sorry i wanted to post the complete folder...
i edited the link in the first post

The "undetailed and shrunk texture" problem is probably occurring because that texture

a) Was not power-of-two, or
b) Was not square

Newer video cards can do non-pow2 textures and non-square textures, but older ones cannot.

I would suggest that you keep to the standard, and always use pow2 textures at least. Making all of your textures square is an extra bonus, but sometimes this wastes space, in which case the solution is to design your game graphics and gui graphics around these hardware limitations rather than the other way around.

but why do some people with the newest DirectX have this .dll and some people don't? they've all a new SDK. And I know from at least one with a good graphic card.
the other error, I can't spezify it because windows doesn't tell anything about the problem. Just that there is one... It occurs some times when I start it and sometimes it doesn't. And at some peoples pc it occurs everytime when they start it.
I know it sounds strange, but that are all informations I have =( I'm really annoyed of it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!