It works, but only on my PC

Started by
15 comments, last by Ankou6591 16 years, 5 months ago
hi how can I fix these problems, if they are never the same and not on my PC? 3 people tested this... The first got an error, that the program couldn't find d3dx9_30.dll The second one got an runtime error. The third got the picture undetailed or shrinked. the sources: http://ysites.de/DirectXtestProj.zip [Edited by - Ankou6591 on October 28, 2007 4:31:18 PM]
Advertisement
The first guy has an old version of DirectX and needs to update.

DirectX 9.0c means nothing, refer to them by "DirectX April 2007" "DirectX June 2007" etc..

The second you have specified no valuable information about.
Third one, you got any screenshots?

Unhandled exception at 0x7e43171b in DirectXtestProj.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00330033.

Try throwing out a few IsBadReadPtr() here and there, see if it helps your code.
Check all hresults, loading a mesh perhaps, then trying to draw it without checking if it succeeded? Hard to say.

Or perhaps post some source, you're not gonna find a lot of people willing to run an unknown exe file on their system :p
1. D3DX are the Direct3D eXtensions. Just give the DLL.

2. Install the VC++ redist SP1

3. Old DirectX or out dated drivers/graphic card.
Quote:
Try throwing out a few IsBadReadPtr() here and there, see if it helps your code.

I agree with http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2006/09/27/773741.aspx
Or you could just include the binary module (d3dx9_30.dll) in the EXE folder?
Quote:Original post by Unknown1004
Or you could just include the binary module (d3dx9_30.dll) in the EXE folder?

The EULA prohibits this.

Quote:
Third one, you got any screenshots?

http://rpgmakerxpdreams.rp.funpic.de/Bilderupload/daten/1193606682_Fragmente.PNG
and I found another person, who has the same result...

Quote:
Install the VC++ redist SP1

I'm using MingW

Quote:
Or perhaps post some source, you're not gonna find a lot of people willing to run an unknown exe file &#111;n their system :p<br><!–QUOTE–></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE><!–/QUOTE–><!–ENDQUOTE–><br>oh sorry i wanted to post the complete folder…<br>i edited the link in the first post<br><br>
The "undetailed and shrunk texture" problem is probably occurring because that texture

a) Was not power-of-two, or
b) Was not square

Newer video cards can do non-pow2 textures and non-square textures, but older ones cannot.

I would suggest that you keep to the standard, and always use pow2 textures at least. Making all of your textures square is an extra bonus, but sometimes this wastes space, in which case the solution is to design your game graphics and gui graphics around these hardware limitations rather than the other way around.
Ok I was looking for a post and here it is, also see the link in the post to legalize's book.
but why do some people with the newest DirectX have this .dll and some people don't? they've all a new SDK. And I know from at least one with a good graphic card.
the other error, I can't spezify it because windows doesn't tell anything about the problem. Just that there is one... It occurs some times when I start it and sometimes it doesn't. And at some peoples pc it occurs everytime when they start it.
I know it sounds strange, but that are all informations I have =( I'm really annoyed of it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement