• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Greywhitewolf

[solved] i need help, getting :error C2512:

This topic is 3890 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i have a problem with this program and I would like someone that can explain to me a beginner in C++, what I can do. Please understand that English isn't my first language, so be direct to the problem please not tech stuff without explanation of what you mean( thats where i get lost ). The program have a header file and two source files. code: //header file #include <string> using std::string; class ConcernedDriver { public: ConcernedDriver( int filling ); ~ConcernedDriver(); void displayMessage(); void determineGasAverage(); private: int kfilling; }; // first cpp #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl; using std::fixed; // ensure that decimal point is displayed #include <iomanip> //parqametized stream manipulators using std::setprecision; #include "ConcernedDriver.h" ConcernedDriver::ConcernedDriver( int filling ) { kfilling = filling; } ConcernedDriver::~ConcernedDriver() { } void ConcernedDriver::displayMessage() { cout << "This is homework 4.13 page 178" << endl; } void ConcernedDriver::determineGasAverage() { int miles; int gas; double MPGtankful; double totalMpg; int gasCounter; miles = 0; gas = 0; totalMpg = 0; gasCounter = 0; cout << "Enter the miles used (-1 to quit): "; cin >> miles; while (miles != -1) { gasCounter = gasCounter + 1; cout << "Enter the miles used (-1 to quit): "; cin >> miles; } if ( gas != 0 ) { cout << "Enter gallons: "; cin >> gas; MPGtankful = static_cast< double >( miles ) / gas ; totalMpg = totalMpg + MPGtankful; //display total and average ( with two digits of precision) cout << "\nMPG this tankful: " << MPGtankful << endl; cout << "Total MPG: " << setprecision( 6 ) << fixed << totalMpg << endl; } else //no gas were entered cout << "No gas were entered" << endl; } //second cpp #include "ConcernedDriver.h" int main() { ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(); myConcernedDriver.displayMessage(); /* this is where the problem is */ myConcernedDriver.determineGasAverage(); return 0; } VS 2003 tells me the problem is in the second cpp but i dont have any idea of how to resolve this problem. Now the problem seems to be with the constructor (again). Thanks to ToohrVyk for helping me with my other problem. [Edited by - Greywhitewolf on October 28, 2007 4:59:28 PM]

Advertisement
ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(); is a function declaration. ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver; is a variable definition.

Thanks for the reply ToohrVyk but now i have problems with the constructor again, it says error C2512: 'ConcernedDriver' : no appropriate default constructor available. Same thing it says before. I'm totally block when it comes to constructors I guess.

Quote:
Original post by Greywhitewolf
Thanks for the reply ToohrVyk but now i have problems with the constructor again, it says error C2512: 'ConcernedDriver' : no appropriate default constructor available. Same thing it says before. I'm totally block when it comes to constructors I guess.

Well, there is no default constructor for your ConcernedDriver class. The only way to construct a ConcernedDriver is ConcernedDriver( int filling ); which requires an integer argument.

You can either define a default constructor, or provide the correct value to the integer-argument constructor:
ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(100);

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!