[solved] i need help, getting :error C2512:

Started by
3 comments, last by Greywhitewolf 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi i have a problem with this program and I would like someone that can explain to me a beginner in C++, what I can do. Please understand that English isn't my first language, so be direct to the problem please not tech stuff without explanation of what you mean( thats where i get lost ). The program have a header file and two source files. code: //header file #include <string> using std::string; class ConcernedDriver { public: ConcernedDriver( int filling ); ~ConcernedDriver(); void displayMessage(); void determineGasAverage(); private: int kfilling; }; // first cpp #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl; using std::fixed; // ensure that decimal point is displayed #include <iomanip> //parqametized stream manipulators using std::setprecision; #include "ConcernedDriver.h" ConcernedDriver::ConcernedDriver( int filling ) { kfilling = filling; } ConcernedDriver::~ConcernedDriver() { } void ConcernedDriver::displayMessage() { cout << "This is homework 4.13 page 178" << endl; } void ConcernedDriver::determineGasAverage() { int miles; int gas; double MPGtankful; double totalMpg; int gasCounter; miles = 0; gas = 0; totalMpg = 0; gasCounter = 0; cout << "Enter the miles used (-1 to quit): "; cin >> miles; while (miles != -1) { gasCounter = gasCounter + 1; cout << "Enter the miles used (-1 to quit): "; cin >> miles; } if ( gas != 0 ) { cout << "Enter gallons: "; cin >> gas; MPGtankful = static_cast< double >( miles ) / gas ; totalMpg = totalMpg + MPGtankful; //display total and average ( with two digits of precision) cout << "\nMPG this tankful: " << MPGtankful << endl; cout << "Total MPG: " << setprecision( 6 ) << fixed << totalMpg << endl; } else //no gas were entered cout << "No gas were entered" << endl; } //second cpp #include "ConcernedDriver.h" int main() { ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(); myConcernedDriver.displayMessage(); /* this is where the problem is */ myConcernedDriver.determineGasAverage(); return 0; } VS 2003 tells me the problem is in the second cpp but i dont have any idea of how to resolve this problem. Now the problem seems to be with the constructor (again). Thanks to ToohrVyk for helping me with my other problem. [Edited by - Greywhitewolf on October 28, 2007 4:59:28 PM]
Advertisement
ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(); is a function declaration. ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver; is a variable definition.
Thanks for the reply ToohrVyk but now i have problems with the constructor again, it says error C2512: 'ConcernedDriver' : no appropriate default constructor available. Same thing it says before. I'm totally block when it comes to constructors I guess.
Quote:Original post by Greywhitewolf
Thanks for the reply ToohrVyk but now i have problems with the constructor again, it says error C2512: 'ConcernedDriver' : no appropriate default constructor available. Same thing it says before. I'm totally block when it comes to constructors I guess.

Well, there is no default constructor for your ConcernedDriver class. The only way to construct a ConcernedDriver is ConcernedDriver( int filling ); which requires an integer argument.

You can either define a default constructor, or provide the correct value to the integer-argument constructor:
ConcernedDriver myConcernedDriver(100);
THANKS a lot!!! now I have find some other problems with the execution of the program but nothing I cant resolve. Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement