• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
geo2004

CEGUI link errors

This topic is 3981 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to get CeGUI set up with MSVC++ EE. I 'think' I have everything set up. Have my includes set, lib directories set. when I try to instantiate a new OpenGLRenderer, I get a bunch of build time link errors. Here is the line that causes all the problems: renderer = new CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer(0,Width,Height); renderer is declared in the header file: CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer *renderer; Here are the first two erros: Game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer::OpenGLRenderer(unsigned int,int,int)" (__imp_??0OpenGLRenderer@CEGUI@@QAE@IHH@Z) and... Game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer::addQuad(class CEGUI::Rect const &,float,class CEGUI::Texture const *,class CEGUI::Rect const &,class CEGUI::ColourRect const &,enum CEGUI::QuadSplitMode)" (?addQuad@OpenGLRenderer@CEGUI@@UAEXABVRect@2@MPBVTexture@2@0ABVColourRect@2@W4QuadSplitMode@2@@Z) I'm not even trying to draw anything, I just wanted to try and get it set up. I'm also initiating it with the system via new CEGUI::System(renderer); This is the tutorial I'm using for now: http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/The_Beginner_Guide_to_Getting_CEGUI_Rendering Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Jeff EDIT: I'm using the 4.1 version of CEGUI

Advertisement
Firstly I would suggest upgrading to 5.0.
Quote:
...lib directories set...

Have you linked the libraries in?

Ya I'm an idiot. I didn't have the OpenGLGUIRenderer as an additional dependency.

Also I got 5.0

It all works now....now onto making the actual GUI :)

Jeff

Actually, when I run it, it says it can't find the CEGUIBase_d.dll. Where do all of those dll's in the bin directory need to go? Do you just copy them all into the System Folder?

Jeff

You can put them anywhere you like as long as you tell the compiler where they are, the easiest place is in your projects folder.

Ya, thats where I ended up putting them. Now I'm getting the runtime error of a CEGUI::GenericException. Not sure what the deal is... I'm researching it now

Jeff

Check the CEGUI log file for details, which should also be in your project directory(I normally turn the level up in debug), or view the call stack in the ide.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!