• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lykaios

physX-OGRE integration tutorial worthwhile?

This topic is 3946 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As this is my first competent game engine (physX-OGRE-C++(logic)), I am struggling to feel fully conversant with physX-OGRE integration. I am assuming this isn't a completely unique situation to be in. So, I am wondering if, once I've gotten a complete grasp on this, would it be worthwhile to write up a quick couple tutorials on how to do it? I was thinking either go through the OGRE basic tutorials, or the first couple of physX tutorials, and wherever OGRE references its physics engine, or physX its renderer, insert code integrating the other. Is that clear? Would that be a good way to go about it? Thanks for the input. ~Lykaios

Advertisement
It shouldn't be a problem to learn OGRE independently. Then check out NxOgre. It should include some kind of demos that you can learn from.

Quote:
wherever OGRE references its physics engine

No such thing. OGRE handles graphics (OK, and input too), but that's it. Everything else needs to be plugged in.

Quote:
Original post by drakostar
It shouldn't be a problem to learn OGRE independently. Then check out NxOgre. It should include some kind of demos that you can learn from.

Quote:
wherever OGRE references its physics engine

No such thing. OGRE handles graphics (OK, and input too), but that's it. Everything else needs to be plugged in.

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant that it talks to the engine that is in its tutorials. In the OGRE tutorials, ODE is used for basic physics.

And as far as NxOGRE, currently there are no tutorials for it to speak of. It may be a temporary thing, I'm not sure. However, one question I have had is as to whether nxOGRE as a wrapper sets limits on actors and shapes that aren't inherent to physX.

~Lykaios

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!